Monday, August 18, 2008

Startup Kiva's New (Robotic) Approach to Order Fulfillment - Brightcove

Startup Kiva's New (Robotic) Approach to Order Fulfillment - Brightcove

The Kiva CEO talks about warehouse automation. Its a very interesting interview. I didn't get to meet him when I visited Kiva but perhaps on my next visit. The video nicely shows the drive units at work. While they look small and weak, trust me, they will take your leg in second if you wander onto their pathways! There are safety devices of course but I'm not willing to trust life and limb to them! I love these systems.

One other thing you get to see is the software they use to help the robots get organized. The whole system isn't shown and I don't think you could casually show it in such an interview. I really enjoyed using it and it clearly has evovled nicely.

No comments: